NOTE: The steps to perform this procedure may be different depending on your TV model. ALWAYS refer to the User's Guide for your specific
TV for complete information.
1. Press the INPUT button on your remote to view your current input source. The TV (coaxial cable)
input must be selected. This may appear as TV, ANT, or the channel and call letters of a station.
2. If the TV input is not
selected, press INPUT until the TV input mode is selected.
3. Open the on-screen menu and select TV or Tuner option. (This varies
4. Highlight Tuner Mode and select the correct option: o Cable - direct from the wall cable TV, or a
cable or satellite box connected to the TV with coaxial cable
5. Select Auto Search or Auto Channel Scan. (This varies by model.)
6. When the search reaches 100% complete, exit to the menu. This should complete the rescan.
7. Check the available channels:
o Antenna or direct-from-wall cable - Press the Channel Up and Channel Down buttons on your VIZIO TV remote to view the available
If this does not resolve the issue, clear the TV memory (STEPS), and then re-run the channel scan:
1. Turn off the
2. Unplug the TV from the electrical outlet.
3. While the TV is unplugged from the wall, press and hold the Power button on the
TV for 30 seconds.
4. Release the power button.
5. Plug the TV back into the electrical outlet.
6. Turn on the TV.
is also an option to reset the TV to the factory default settings. This option is in either the SETUP or SYSTEM section of the on-screen
menu. The option may be “Reset all settings", ”System Reset,” or “Reset & Admin.” Consult your TV’s user manual for the location
and steps for resetting your model.
1. Remove the coaxial cable from the DTV/TV connector on the back of your television and
perform a channel scan to clear the existing channels. See the procedure above. This should not find any channels.
the coaxial cable to the DTV/TV connector and perform a new channel scan.